Thursday, March 24, 2011

'Nagging' Barcelona Are An Extremely Annoying Team - Arsenal's Robin Van Persie

Arsenal attacker Robin van Persie has slammed the behaviour of the Barcelona players.

Arsenal attacker Robin van Persie has looked back at the Gunners' Champions League round of 16 tie with Barcelona and has voiced his disappointment with the behaviour of the Catalan giants' players.

"I really didn’t understand all the fuss about the foul I committed on [Lionel] Messi. Everybody got angry with me, but I didn’t treat him any different than I treat other opponents. Nobody would have complained about it if I fouled Mascherano," said Van Persie to De Telegraaf.

"Meanwhile, the Barcelona players tend to nag about everything that happens on the pitch. I was a bit disappointed with that. It’s something that the Chelsea players do in England.

"Barcelona are still a fantastic team, but they should really stop nagging and complaining that much. That’s becoming extremely annoying on the pitch."

The Netherlands international also had plenty of positive words for the Spanish champions though.



"I have a lot of respect for Barcelona. Is it possible to match what Barcelona are doing? I rate Barcelona even higher than Spain’s national side. However, every team can be beaten. I never felt any less than the Barcelona players on the pitch."

Arsenal lost a first leg advantage to crash out of the Champions League to the Blaugrana, with Van Persie seeing red in the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment